As advocates for aging adults, Mountain Area Premier Care Navigation (MAP CN) care managers are compass creators for seniors and their families. They incorporate problem-solving and decision-making services to understand and navigate intimate and complicated information. Tapping into several decades of experience with extensive knowledge of local and national resources, Aging Life Care™ Managers create a successful care map for each individual client based upon their unique needs. MAP CN operates in a village capacity, working closely with physicians, health care professionals, financial planners, and attorneys to find the best solutions for seniors’ needs. They serve as translators between health systems and clients, facilitators of conversation with family members, as well as collaboration with blended families of second marriages.
Clients begin with an initial assessment and are matched with the care manager that is best suited to their needs. MAP CN care managers work one on one with seniors and when desired, facilitate family conferences to support families through decision making. In addition to care manager matching, the entire care management team of MAP CN is available to the client should a need arise when the primary care manager is unavailable.
- MAP CN conducts an initial assessment. This can be as light touch as a one-time phone consultation, or as involved as an assessment in the home or facility, and Zoom meetings are offered as requested. Support can continue indefinitely as is directed by the client.
- Map CN communicates with health care providers, serving as a medical advocate for the care the client wishes to receive. Hospital, ER, and doctor visits can all be attended with the care manager.
- MAP CN arranges for in-home care or alternative living assistance, helping the senior and/or family choose the best option for them and determine how much care is needed.
- MAP CN provides a “Just in Case” Safety Net for healthy, solo seniors. In the event of an emergency, the MAP CN team is on call to help advocate and navigate the health care system. Annual check-in allows all parties to remain up to date on any changes in health or their wishes for care.
- MAP CN provides A La Carte Services, assisting with as little or as much help as needed.
Above the Rest
Mountain Area Premier Care Navigation care managers are clinically focused, well-versed in senior care and possess comprehensive skill sets. Staff have a minimum of Masters' level of education in their subject areas, from social work to nursing to physical therapy. MAP CN serves all of WNC. Owner, Lisa Laney states "Care management's priority is stellar communication and with this comes desired quality results."
Meet Lisa Laney, Owner
MSW, CMC Aging Life Care Professional
Lisa has worked with the aging population in the healthcare system in WNC since 1988. Her MSW is from UNC-CH with dual concentrations in Aging and Health. Lisa has been a leadership member of the Asheville Parkinson's Support Group for over 12 years. She also served many years as a Director on the Board of Aging Life Care Association (ALCA).
“I have been working with Lisa and her team for over 5 years. Caring for my mom from NY would have been impossible without their support and expertise. Their deep roots in the Asheville area, compassion, sensitivity, sound advice and—when needed--loving sense of humor have been important to me. Mom is surrounded by people who genuinely care about her, and are they are there for me too.” - A.Holder, NYC
“As my wife's dementia progressed, I was floundering with ever-increasing responsibilities. It was my good fortune to be introduced to Lisa Laney and her company. I value Lisa’s expertise, knowledge, and commitment to premium quality care for her clients.” - Paul Nelson, Asheville